Home tuition available throughout the South East area or at Rachel’s home in Haywards Heath. Rachel is fully CRB / DBS checked and has been a private tutor for the past nine years after finishing a degree in Philosophy from Leeds University. Different students have different needs and areas they need to focus on, so the structure of lessons is always a collaborative process to ensure the student best engages with the subject.
- Most students improve by at least 2 grade boundaries after tuition.
- Best results in Sussex for value added in AS Philosophy in 2016.
- Full range of bespoke resources.
Online tuition is becoming increasingly popular as clients are no longer limited to the tutors available in the local area, enabling you to select the right tutor for your specific needs. RCR Tuition offers online tuition via Skype at a time that suits the student. Sessions follow a similar format to home lessons, and essays will be marked via email with full resources available to download. So far RCR Tuition has tutored students all over the UK and Internationally.
- Good broadband connection is necessary to ensure a smooth running lesson.
- 90% percentile Nationally in AS Philosophy in 2016 & 2017.
- Full online resources available.
PHILOSOPHY & RELIGIOUS STUDIES CONSULTANT
Available to work with existing teachers and departments to support the delivery of AQA Philosophy course or OCR Religious Studies course. In 2016 RCR Tuition produced the best AS results in Sussex for value added with ALPS going from 7/8 in previous years to a 2, where students on average achieved 2 grades higher than predicted. This meant the cohort were in the 90% percentile Nationally with not one student failing the exam (in an exam where statistically 1 in 5 receive a U grade). Rachel is able to meet with teachers and help support and develop their existing teaching techniques, resources, essay planning, and student feedback to improve grades and stretch and challenge students.
- Feedback on resources.
- Developing student feedback and feedforward.
- Support with exam technique and essay planning.
ESSAY MARKING & PLANNING
Over the years RCR Tuition has found an area students struggle with is essay planning and structure. As a philosophy / religious studies essay is different from other forms of essay it can be difficult for students to know what is expected of them. RCR Tuition has a tailor-made system to help students better plan their essays and grasp the art of analysis. As an assistant examiner with OCR, Rachel knows exactly what the examiners are looking for to gain maximum marks.
- Senior examiner with leading exam board.
- Sample essays, mock questions and revision guides avalible.
- Breakdown of description, analysis and evaluation.
Over the school holidays intensive courses can be arranged to cover the topics and areas your child is struggling with. Many students struggle with planning essays and answering exam questions and RCR Tuition offers a week-long crash course teaching students how to structure answers, highlight key points and build an argument. From experience we have seen that until students are able to understand what is being asked of them in an exam they often struggle to get top marks.
- Crash course on content and exam technique.
- Revision guides available.
- Mock exam questions and sample answers.